Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Giving Back

I didn't come up with this scripture verse, I was given ideas from our Youth Director.  This year especially, I think this verse sends a very appropriate message. What a simple text to live by. It would create such unity, love, acceptance and so much more, in our world today.

Love God
Love People
All For Jesus
Matthew 28:19


I had the privilege of being asked to paint several paintings for a new addition that was built and finished last year at First Reformed Church of Grandville, MI. This new addition is primarily used by the the youth of our church and the community. The walls were blank so my job was to create and paint a few art pieces to pull it all together.

I considered it an honor that I was asked to do this. My husband and I have been members there for about 25 years now. We've raised 2 children with the help of this church. The church will always have memories of spiritual growth for us, as well as being blessed with a community of great friends. So what better way to give back than to give my time especially doing what I love.

My largest painting was this set of three.  Each panel is 48" x 60". What a great message for kids to learn to live by as they grow and mature into adulthood.

"The Way, the Truth and the Life"

There are two more I completed. Although a bit more simple I think the message is good. "Pray" and "Listen".  I've too often have heard people when asked if they pray are quick to say, "I pray."  That's great, but do they listen?  I've realized some people forget to listen.  Do you listen for the answer?



If you are looking for new painting for your church, business or home contact me.  I enjoy working with a customer creating a custom orders.  I also have several paintings ready for purchase now as well. Please feel free to leave comments below or email me for more information.

Stay up to date with what's new and click the "follow" button near the top of my blog! You can also follow me on Facebook and  Houzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment