Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Is It Wood Or Concrete?

Did you know I love to make concrete counter tops? I came up with a method to create counter tops to look like wood!  I have to tell you that when I pulled this one out of the mold I was so excited with the outcome. (I actually jumped up and down!)  The install isn't complete yet, but I'll definitely show you what it looks like finished. Here’s a photo showing a section of it:


I like working with concrete.  I think it's because concrete has a mind of its own. I can plan, add color and texture, mix and pour, but can never be sure of the outcome. After I take it out of the mold, I sand it, decide to fill or leave the imperfections, then sand some more until I get the look I want. I don't grind my counters down to perfection, rather I leave them with just enough imperfections to mimic natural concrete. 

Each concrete counter is unique, preserving its natural look, giving it an urban feel. They look great in a wide range of design styles from contemporary, farmhouse to rustic or modern.  Here are a few other samples of my work.





Please feel free to leave comments below or email me for more information.

Stay up to date with what's new! Click the "follow" button near the top off my blog! You can also follow me on Facebook and  Houzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment