Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

They ask for it! I will build it!

This summer I decided to hold off designing and building concrete fountains.  After a year and a half of moving and building a new home, it has been a lot of work getting my business going again.  My thought was that I would concentrate on my smaller concrete functional art this year and then add my fountains next year. 

Well, its interesting how your plans change.  A few weeks after deciding that, a few orders came in for custom fountains.  I have to admit, at first I wasn't happy about that.  I just had come up with some great new ideas and was eager to create them.  Yesterday I delivered this fountain.  It's my largest one so far.  The bottom tier measures 60" x 60"!  It was quite a job to not only build this but to move it and deliver it.  The crew on the other end was great!  Here are a few photos of the process and the fountain.  I can't wait to see it after their landscaping is finished!



Do you ever wonder what the water sounds like as the water gently flows over my fountain?  This one had an exceptionally beautiful sound!


I'll be back in my studio today mixing more concrete and creating more functional; pieces for my fall line.  I'll post them here as I finish them.  You can also look for them at a great store in Grand Rapids, MI called Wealthy at Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment