Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Sunset in Ten Minutes

It was a warm, sunny and windy day yesterday.  I fully intended to go to the lake for the sunset thinking it could be spectacular with high waves and sunny skies, but as I got busy working on my art studio project the clouds came.  I thought to myself, "I am a bit tired anyways, so I'll just go in for the night. There is always the next sunset."  I went in the house and took one last look out the window and noticed a light glow of pink in the west.  I decided to walk out to the end of our drive and turn to look west toward the lake. There was a even stronger line of pink and orange  near the horizon! With only a little more than ten minutes before sunset I decided to go! I grabbed my camera and raced down.

I got there and this guy was drying off near his truck. I said hello and he responded, "You missed it! The waves were way bigger earlier."  I said, "But the sun is amazing!"  With that I ran down to the water.  Here are several shots of ten minutes of one sunset.








Here are two more after the sunset.  I always tell others you need to stay just a while longer after the sun sets because that is when the sky turns to the most awesome color.  That sure happened last night!



I'm so glad I took these few minutes out of my evening.  This lake never disappoints me.

If you are looking for a photo of mine for your home or business contact me.  Also, please feel free to leave comments below or email me for more information.

Stay up to date with what's new! Click the "follow" button near the top off my blog! You can also follow me on Facebook and  Houzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment