Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How I like to design with concrete.

When I make a new design with concrete I don't always know what to do with it.  I usually always like the shape, (although I have to admit I have thrown some away).  I usually put in in my house for a while and live with it.  I try a few different things.  Last night I took a piece that I had on my table, and not only moved it but refilled it. I really like this idea below, so I thought I should share it with you.  Many of you who know me know that I collect what I call treasures.  I frequently take walks on the beach here on Lake Michigan or on the trails that I'm so lucky to have around here.  I find so many different little items that I like to display in many different ways.  With this piece I included all my different colored bottles, then left just enough room for four clear glass candles.  The light from the candles illuminate the colors of the bottles perfect!  I just love the effect.


And now some new photography!  I have been so uninspired with my photography lately.  The weather here in Michigan has been darker and colder than usual this spring. I have been so eager to get outside to enjoy just a little warmer weather and some sunshine.  Yesterday however was the grayest day yet.  I was working in my studio most of the day when all of a sudden I just had enough.  I grabbed my camera in between rain storms and headed outside to find a least a little of hope that spring might be coming.  I'm happy to report that it is!  Here is a series of three photos.  Can you imagine what will happen as soon as the temperature warms and the sun comes out?

No comments:

Post a Comment