Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Alzheimer's Disease. It progresses and it kind of happens like this.





My father-in-law has Alzheimer's.  He's had it for quite a few years already and it is very possible he is in the later stages of this terrible disease.  He came from a family of six children.  All but one of them has been afflicted with with this disease.  What I think is this possibly could mean my husband and my children could be at a greater risk for contracting this disease.

From all the research I have done I believe these photos of mine will help me paint and represent what happens in the brain of a Alzheimer's patient.  As the disease progresses the brain cells degenerate and die, causing a steady decline in memory and mental function.

What are these photos and have they degenerated.  Were they beautiful at one time just like my father-in-law.  He still is valued and beautiful despite the disease and we need to see that same beauty in all creation. Stay tuned to this blog as I attempt to paint and support the fight for this disease.  If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please email me or leave a comment below.    

(Sorry - the question mark symbol is still not working.) 













No comments:

Post a Comment