Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sometimes all I need is just one little gift of art in my day to make it a good day.


Now this is fall color!  Yesterday as I was mixing up some concrete I noticed movement from the corner of my eye.  This butterfly was enjoying these wonderful yellow fall flowers.  I didn't have my camera near by and usually by the time I grab it my chance is gone.  Most time I don't take the time.  This time I did and this beauty waited for me.  He posed like a professional model.  I love these moments.  These moments are like a coffee break or a glass of wine.  It gives me time to take a breath, reflect, and focus on what is really important.  I know this is all quite deep for just a few moments, but during a day of running around trying to fit everything in, it is all I need to put that perspective back in my day.
The second photo I also just love.  I did tweak it a bit and love how the flower is glowing from the back.  Is it ok to like it this way?

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and are able to spend time outdoors with people you love.  Make sure you take some time to check out those small wonders of beauty around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment