Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Two major museum visits this year equals the urge for another abstract canvas!

I've visited two major art museums this year.  One in Boston, MA, The Museum of Fine Arts, and the other I just visited last week, the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) in New York.

I had the experience of viewing many artists works of art.  There was one artist from each museum who stood out. 

One artist showing in Boston was Mark Bradford.  He's alive, young and currently working in CA.  Not only am I amazed at his technique, his message in each of his paintings are meaningful.  He's an expert at combining his culture and his art.

 
The other artist has been gone for many years, Claude Monet.  After viewing his paintings in New York, I came back also amazed for his use of color.  We have to remember he wasn't able to to just squeeze what ever color he wanted out of a tube or jar.  He had to mix his colors from just a few!  The richness and hues and tones of the many different colors in his paintings were amazing despite that.  He also was one of a few artists that was on the fore front of  "abstracts".  I'm sure in his day most people were thinking, "What is that!"



They both were/are on the cutting edge of abstract art.  Because their styles and techniques are so totally different from each other, I'm thinking how much fun it would be to combine a bit of their expertise and add a bit of mine and see what I can come up with.  I love abstract art because there is so much going on with color, design and the message woven in it.  An abstract painting gives the viewer there own message!

Ok...I haven't given up concrete art. In fact I have to catch up after a weeks vacation.  I do have Fireballs, so if you need one to begin this holiday weekend, just email me for information.

The abstract will have to happen on my free time!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to an art museum in a long time...This first one is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Mark's work! If you ever get a chance to see his art, it's definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete