Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Gift In Designing That Special Concrete Art Piece

Often I get a request for a custom order and this order was by far one of my most inspirational art pieces to create. The person it was for had rededicated his life to Christ and his wife wanted to give him a gift that would mean something special to him. It was clear AND amazing as they told me their personal story the way God has been working in their lives.


Here is the fountain and my thoughts in designing this art piece for them.  The story begins at the top of the fountain.


The water comes up and fills the white center representing Christ being there ready for us. The water spills over, working and running through us in all aspects of our life.  See how I've painted white lines on each side of the fountain?  These lines mimic the water of Christ rushing through us reminding us that He is always with us if we just listen.


What about the red and yellow tones?


The red represents the blood of Christ. That he gave his life to save us all.  
The yellow is the hope we have that Christ is always with us. 


Have you noticed near the top how I've blended the white concrete with the natural gray? This was done intentionally as another way to represent Christ and our lives working together. 

If you look carefully to the left of the photo you will see a block of concrete that hangs over the edge of the base.  When I took this small piece out of the mold there was a blemish or indentation in it.  At first I was bummed, but then it became clear it was something that would be a perfect representation. I filled that indentation with red paint to represent Christ's blood he shed for all of us.

This fountain turned out to become a gift I could creatively give to him!  It's interesting but not really surprising how that works out sometimes. Thank you for asking me to do this for you!  I thoroughly enjoyed the process.  

Romans 8:1  
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, 
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

Please feel free to leave comments below.

Stay up to date with what's new! Click the "follow" button near the top off my blog! You can also follow me on Facebook and  Houzz.

1 comment:

  1. "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit ALL of this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. Rev. 21:6-7
    Thank you Amy, we LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete