Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Newest Reflective Concrete Art. Sometimes What You Need Falls Right In Front Of You.

It's really pretty simple!  You break a mirror and use those pieces in a concrete design. And no, it's not bad luck.  Here's the story:

Once in awhile when I find the right piece of furniture I enjoy re-purposing it.  This time I received a tall display cabinet from my mother-in-law.  I wish I had a photo of it to show you, but it really doesn't matter anymore.  I spent a good day sawing, reshaping, sanding and putting on its first coat of paint. This piece had several glass shelves with a mirror backing.  A few mornings later my husband wanted to get at something in the barn and asked if we could move it outside for the day.  So we did and there it stood. Well, it was a breezy day and when we both weren’t looking we heard a loud crash. You guessed it!  That cabinet crashed down and the mirror backing shattered into many different pieces. Our first reaction was, "Oh shoot!"  My next thought was, "I was looking for a large amount of mirror and now I have it!"

So here are my newest art pieces that have created from those pieces of mirror. I have to say, I love how they turned out.  The concrete art pieces are so reflective and pick up a lot of color in a garden!



Garden Globe
Set these anywhere you wish!  As the sun shines they sparkle.



Hand Blown Sphere with Mirror 
Beautiful inside and out!  These are perfect for gift giving for any special occasion.



Garden Stars
These chunky stars will set anywhere in your garden reflecting all the colors of your flowers.  
They're reflective on both sides.


Star Garden Stakes 
Need to perk up that spot in your yard that needs a little something extra?  This will for sure!

To my mother-in-law, I am very sorry the cabinet broke, but in the end it did allow me to create these beautiful new pieces.

Please feel free to leave comments below or email me for more information or if you would like to purchase one of these featured art pieces.


Stay up to date with what's new! Click the "follow" button near the top off my blog! You can also follow me on Facebook and  Houzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment