Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Why a week off from the art studio is ok.

Last week I took a week off.  I walked through the studio once in a while but didn't mix a single batch of cement. 

So, what did I do?  We built our house last year and have been here with no landscaping since.  I was very tired of looking at a house that still appeared under construction, so I thought what a great way to get it done.  Devote a week to it!  I planted tons of dune grass, moved rocks, planted shrubbery, dug out and replanted perennials from friends, spread mulch, planted my pots and put in a Koi pond. I think that's about it!  I'll maybe post photos of that later.

What I am posting are two photo from "break time".  This was early Sunday morning with my youngest daughter.  A favorite thing we like to do especially in the summer.  We take a cup of coffee, sit and hear nothing other than the sound of the water coming on shore.  It's a very peaceful and quite time of day, especially when it's a sunny morning with little wind.



I know I post quite a few photos of this great lake, but I just can't resist.  It's so beautiful and so inspiring!  I feel the need to share a bit of this with you!

What am I going to do this week?  I'm going back in the studio.  It's time to mix up many batches of cement for new concrete art pieces.  Keep an eye on this blog.  I hope to post some of them by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment