Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Friday, March 16, 2012

My Alzheimer's Series: "The Late Stage" is finished.

Like I said in my prior posts, I have used three photos of mine to use as representation for my abstract paintings to explain and bring awareness to Alzheimer's Disease.  These photos are the macro look into the  decay in leaves during the fall and winter months.  I took time late last year to carefully select three leaves during their different stages of decay.  Although hard to accept, I feel there is such a similarity to the brain of an Alzheimer's patient. 

The last photo of the season is what I used as reference for my last and third abstract painting, "The Late Stage."  The color in the leaf has been mostly drained out and its fibers have become weak and broken.  This correlates with the information given in an Alzheimer's patient when in their late stage.

I also just want to give you a small portion of information I found on the Alzheimer's Association's website that describes this painting more effectively.

"Tangles destroy a vital cell transport system made of proteins in an Alzheimer's patient.  In areas where tangles are forming:
Nutrients and other essential supplies can no longer move through the cells, which eventually die.
  
It's part of this destruction that causes memory failure, personality changes, problems carrying out daily activities and other symptoms of Alzheimer's disease."
 
I'll be posting all three paintings on Monday.  I also will be writing a total explanation of my process of this series and how it relates to the disease.  I want to bring more awareness to this disease and hope to so by raising money towards finding a cure through my paintings and photography.

I'm also looking for a venue willing to host my art and help me support this cause.  If you are interested and would like more information please email me at amy@amygreving.





No comments:

Post a Comment