Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Look close...very close. You'll be both surprised and amazed at what you will find.


I have to say my early mornings are my most favorite times to be outside.  It's quiet and meditative.  I was just amazed early Saturday morning last week.  I bundled up and walked outside waiting for the sun to peek through the trees.   The soft wispy organics of this well spent ornamental grass head or the fresh fallen snow just as the sun peaks up first thing in the morning are perfect examples to show you why. The light is perfect. So much detail and color!

When I find and capture photos like these it not only inspires my art, but reminds me of how great our creation is.  Do we take enough time to appreciate this beautiful world around us?  Even if you can't get outside there is beauty all around you. Maybe it's someones smile, a fresh flower set on your dinner table, a warm flickering light from a fireplace, birds flying by your window.  These are moments you shouldn't miss.

Yes, I'm healthy enough to get outside, climb, kneel down and even sometimes lay down to get my photos. I have done this for almost two years now and almost everyday.  It's made a huge difference in my life creatively and more importantly spiritually.  I know that if I didn't have the strength or health to walk and get outside, my camera would be right on my end table ready to hopefully catch something happening out my window or hopefully laughter and excitement as my friends and loved ones came in.  (What would my paintings look like with that inspiration?)  Hmmm.....

What inspires you?  What can you do?  It doesn't have to be a photo or a painting.  Maybe it's just one smile a day to someone who doesn't expect it.  Don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment