Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Can't beat 'em...join 'em! Cloudy and foggy!

That top photo is one of my favorites.  I not only love the composition and how the heavy fog gives the lake a mystic feel, but here my son-in-law Joe, though he was only making the seagulls take off, looks as though he's directing an orchestra.  Of course it would of been some heavy contemporary piece the way the waves were turning and seagulls screaming. 

We had great weather on our fall vacation, but this one day the fog was so heavy we couldn't even see the Lake Michigan from our cottage window.  When we made our way to the lake and stood at the waters edge it felt as we were in this bubble and couldn't get out.  As we made our way for a walk down the beach, this bubble rolled right along with us.  We actually walked about five miles that day.  By the end of the day I have to admit we wanted it to clear up.  It felt a bit claustrophobic.  The bottom shows that it finally did late in the day.  Just in time for a fire on the beach.

I hope to be out shooting some great fall art this fall.  Stop back on my blog for updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment