Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Friday, September 18, 2015

My Photography: Both Disturbing and Beautiful

On a Saturday a few weeks ago I started my day with a long run. When I do my long runs in the mornings it effects the rest of my day.  So I did a few things around the house, but took several breaks in between.  On one of my breaks I decided to take a garden walk with my camera.  A ton of Monarch butterflies were going crazy over my two Hyssop plants. I decided to take a moment to watch the butterflies, hoping for a unique photo opportunity. Well, I sure did find one.  


When I first saw this, I thought I really need to save this butterfly from this Praying Mantis! As I looked more carefully it was still alive, but knew it was to late for that. At that point it became something amazing at how this Praying Mantis was taking in the butterfly for his next meal.  Here is a photo sequence of this moment.  The Praying Mantis and the Monarch butterfly are both beautiful, so it was both sad and amazing.









Please feel free to leave comments below or email me for more information or if you would like to purchase a photo.

Stay up to date with what's new! Click the "follow" button near the top off my blog! You can also follow me on Facebook and  Houzz.




No comments:

Post a Comment