Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Custom Design Is Listening

I love it when I receive a custom order!  It's fun for me to not only know that someone would love a piece of my art, but they also want me to design it to fit them and their space.

Sometimes I know the person already, so I usually know their design and color style.  This makes it easy for me.  When I have a new customer, I need to ask questions, but more importantly I need to listen.  It usually doesn't take to long after a conversation or two of listening that I can get a feel for what they want.

Last week I got a request for concrete bird baths.  Honestly, I love bird baths but they usually are not my favorite to make...until I made these.  The person requested three of them for a hill and they needed to be low maintenance. Now, I know this person loves nature. She spends a lot of time in it, exploring and capturing it. This made it fun for me to design because I also love exploring nature continuously trying to capture its beauty.


This is what I came up with. Three concrete bird baths with three different shades of concrete. I added stones and texture for reasons you'll read with some more photos below.

These three concrete bird baths were molded in there own sand mold.
All of them are different but have a similar shape and size.

Each bowl has its own pattern of white, gray and black concrete to 
mimic rippling water as the sun hits it.

The raised lines you see in a circular pattern near the top is a representation for the bird nest.



The sight and sound of water, a few colored rocks hand picked from the shores of Lake Superior 
and a floating leaf all complete the experience of having a 
bird bath feature in your favorite space.


Please feel free to leave comments below or email me for more information if you would like to custom order a concrete piece, a painting, or photo for your space.

Stay up to date with what's new! Click the "follow" button near the top off my blog! You can also follow me on Facebook and  Houzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment