Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Monday, January 6, 2014

2014! More new art will continue!

Happy New Year everyone! It's been a while since I have post anything on my blog.  I have been struggling with making time for my blog.  It's kind of like exercising. I need to make it a habit.  Schedule it so I do it!

This year will be exciting for me!  I finally have plans for a full year of art. I am settled in my new home and now have an almost new studio (is it ever finished?)! 

I always look forward to January.  I use January as a month of renewal.   My least favorite task is finishing and cleaning up my book keeping.  Something that is necessary but does feel good to have done once it's completed.  I also hope to have an online store finished this month! I'm quite excited about that!  My favorite part of January is using this time to dream, plan, design, sketch, paint and with my camera.

My plans for my concrete art will be to add new fresh designs for the spring and summer.  I will though, still be including your favorites.  I've finally settled in on a identifying style with my acrylic abstract paintings.  I'm quite excited about this and will be continuing that this month.

As I've told you in earlier posts, my photography is what drives and inspires both my concrete and paintings.  I continually look around.  I look at shapes, colors, light, dark, plants, trees, water, sand, etc., etc.  I look at how each part plays against the other.  I look at composition.  Do I want it to be an abstract or something identifiable...or both?  This past weekend the weather created so many opportunities for my photography.  Below are several shots I captured.








I love the effect of  the white space with each of these photos.  I can see a future painting coming out of several of these photos.  I'll be showing you those paintings closer to the end of this month.

I hope you all have a safe and healthy new year.  I hope to bring you art that will bring meaning and that will also inspire you.

If interested in any of my art, please contact me for more information.  I would also love to hear your comments or any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment