Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Finding Personal Validation of My Art During My Sabbatical


What do these two photos have in common?

One of the many things I have learned from my sabbatical this past winter is the similarity between my photography and concrete art.  This validates my intentions when designing and creating my art.  I want my art to have a strong sense of the natural and organic feel, with a look that is inspired through nature.  These two photos represent this.  This bowl shown is one I designed last summer and the flower/weed is a photo I took earlier this spring.  Is is coincidence that even those these two art pieces although different are similar in shape and design?  I don't think so!  It just validates to me that for so long now I have been so aware of the shape, texture and designs of nature around me, that it has automatically become a part of my idea process and art.  I'm excited to what new designs I'll have for you this summer when my concrete art business begins again.

I should be creating some new bowls beginning this week!  I'll be sure to post them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment