Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Alzheimer's: The second of my three abstract painting series "The Middle Stage" begins today.

I'm excited to begin my second painting in this Alzheimer's series.  The first one, "The Early Stage" is close to being finished and I will post that one when I have it completed.

These photos and paintings of mine are meant  to represent and bring a better understanding of what is happening in the brain of an Alzheimer's patient.  The brain has 100 billion nerve cells (neurons). Each nerve cell connects with many others to form communication networks. Groups of nerve cells have special jobs. Some are involved in thinking, learning and remembering. Others help us see, hear and smell. It's the destruction and death of nerve cells that causes memory failure, personality changes, problems carrying out daily activities and other symptoms of Alzheimer's disease

I'm using this photo of mine as reference for my second painting "The Middle Stage."  This leaf which was once green and healthy has changed color and its fibers have begun to break down.  It's interesting to me that just as this happens in the life span of nature such as this leaf, it can also happen to us.

I'm hoping by next spring I will have enough paintings and photos available to raise money for research to help fight this disease.  If you know of a venue to host this cause, please email me with information.

No comments:

Post a Comment