Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Behind the disease...my first painting.

The prep work has begun.  I'm in the process of laying down several bases of color to give the painting lots of depth and color.  I want this painting to speak to the disconnect a Alzheimer's patient must begin to feel as he begins this journey.













The real work of your brain goes on in individual cells. An adult brain contains about 100 billion nerve cells, or neurons, with branches that connect at more than 100 trillion points. Scientists call this dense, branching network a "neuron forest."

Signals traveling through the neuron forest form the basis of memories, thoughts, and feelings.

Neurons are the chief type of cell destroyed by Alzheimer's disease.

(Information taken from the Alzheimer's website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment