Remember it is me and I'm allowed a few spelling, punctuation and sentence structure errors now and then.

Friday, April 22, 2011

More fish!

I think sometimes it's good to volunteer to do something.  In my case it usually has something to do with my art and this is why this whole fish thing has been happening.  I've made seventy eight concrete fish this week for our church's Easter Sunrise Service.  I looked up the meaning of the fish symbol and came up with this little fact.  Although there were many other explanations, I kind of liked this one.

The theology of the Icthys symbol

The Greek letters that make of the word for fish are IXOYE, and they form an acronym that has also been associated with this symbol. Iesous Christos Theou Yios Soter', which is translated as 'Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior'

     I h s o u V - Jesus
    C r i s t o V - Christ
    Q e o u - God's
    U i o V - Son
    S w t h r - Savior

Many blessing to you this special weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment